Wednesday, March 9, 2011

mario testino


Mario Testino's 'Obsessed by You' exhibition @ Phillips de Pury & Company gallery


One thing that I adore and could spend hours looking through, is fashion photography and editorials.  When I open up a new Vogue or Bazaar, I first scan the back to see what the editorials are, then I spend time looking at the ads, then go back and read.  Photography itself is a hobby of mine that I really want to spend time developing and share with you on this blog - it's something that brings me into the moment and makes me focus on and appreciate the small things, which are often the most important. I've always felt that my dream job would to be involved with creative direction in photo shoots or film. As far as fashion photographers (he also directs commercials and film), Mario Testino is at the top of my list.  His images and films are ones that I love to look at again and again - he has an incredible eye and captures beauty with such grace.  This video features Penelope Cruz in the Lancome ads that he directed...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment